View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 08:11 PM
Toddy
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Recommend some rims?

Done for now. Back to looking at just tires and keeping the stock rims. Going with cheap Sumitomos, which seem to be rated fairly highly, esp for price at Tire Rack. Trying to look at this another way now, too. Getting tires, then finding wheels to fit. Or is that nuts? Virtually nothing seems to fit 18s and 19s. Get one, but not the other. 18s then up to 20s, which cranks cost of tires, too. I really don't want to go with bigger due to added $$$. Even going to matching 19s puts cost of front tires up about $80 each.

Having to go through this is absolutely idiotic. It's no wonder the car died a quick death. This sort of thing is crazy. They should have thought of this during the design. The tires/wheels sizing makes it a lot tougher than it should be.

Thanks to everyone for advice here. But was really hoping for something much more plug and play. I'm not going to paint or powder coat or anything like that. All I want is a viable option for tires and black/blackish wheels that doesn't break the bank, won't affect performance unduly. Doesn't seem like much to ask. But here I am. Went through this a year ago and gave up. Now have front tires nearly undriveable, huge cracking on sidewalls. At point of giving up again, just putting matching Kumhos on front and then selling. So anyone wants a Roadster Limited in great shape in SE Ontario, with the cedar interior and upgraded Alpine marine HU in it, not far from Ottawa, let me know.