View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 12:21 PM
rapunzel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crankshaft Position Sensor

Ok, read this long and high quality thread. My 2005 Xfire recently developed the "engine stopped running " problem. 1st time sitting on idle at lights and took about 12 cracks before it started. It was a day off so I took it straight to my auto shop and they have an ex Merc dealer shop guy there who said it was probably the CPS. He phoned back a day later and said they found the P0335 fault code and changed the sensor...cost of job $299. I picked it up drove about a mile away and the engine powered down on acceleration away from some lights! It started again after about 6 or 7 cranks and I drove straight back to the shop. Next day they called to say the P0335 fault code was still there and that the sensor was probably defective...no charge of course. They replaced with a new one, I picked it up and drove it home with no problem. After one day I drove the car out and the engine just died again, same symptoms!!!!! It started this time after about 20 cranks.

So I am taking it back again Monday (shop is 3 miles from me). Is it feasible the CPS replacement they installed (Mopar part he said) could have failed as well? Or are they just missing correct fault. I see some reference to Camshaft sensor have the same symptoms (but a different fault code). I also saw some comment about wiring connections. Anybody had the repeat problem like mine? Any "advice" for my shop. They havent failed me yet in 6 years of servicing my two cars.