View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 03:59 PM
sailorman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear window loose

my Crossfire is a 2006, and the rear window just started to come loose in one corner. I went to my Chrysler dealer in Hardeeville, SC to show them the problem. She said, replace it but when I asked if a new top was made better from the original, she said it probably was the same construction and method of installing the window and that it would probably do the same thing again in several years. She quoted about 3000.00 including installation. But she added that I might want to try to glue the window in myself. I've been reading all these convertible top horror stories for several years now but can anyone tell me if gluing the window is the answer and will a replacement top fit as well as the original? Also, the original top is black and promotes a lot of heat here in the south. Are lighter colors available and if so, where, because Chrysler, at least my dealer, appeared as not very interested in a model that is no longer in production. Any suggestions or names of places would be appreciated.