View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 07:30 PM
RED DOG
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Re: TPMS Help please on Convertible

Originally Posted by Bullish
I feel like such a nitwit... I found the plug see the colored wire I need but can't pull the plug apart. Two questions, 1 can I just snip the wire, 2 to pull the plug apart is there a clip or something I have to press to release?

Thank you so much for your help.
You can't disconnect the two connectors that are wrapped in foam OR you can't get the target wire out of the connector? When you are holding the target connector in your hand (the one having the gray wire with the yellow stripe in the #2 position) you'll see a "flap" on the connector. Pry open the flap and it will expose the individual wires and their tips. Press on the little "barb" that's on the tip to release the wire and then pull the wire out from the #2 position of the connector. Make sure the "barb" is sticking back up (you may need to pry it back up) and then re-insert the wire into the #6 position on the connector and it will "click in" with the "barb" again holding it in place. Put the two connectors back together the way you found them and button everything back up.

Last edited by RED DOG; 07-17-2014 at 07:40 PM.