View Single Post
Old 03-05-2004, 09:58 PM
m1miata
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems selling this car???

I too was wondering why sales are not too steller. Not sure that discounting is a good thing in the long run. For those looking for great re-sale value, they may be wondering where the bottom is. Honda and VW to name a couple, have tried to avoid these large advertised discounts, fearing product devaluation. One factor to consider is it is a two seater, which is fine by me, but not to the masses. Then you have limited vision out the back. You have possibly less inside space than some are looking for. There again, I think it is OK. I do not like paying for premium gas, so add that to a gripe I'd have. In California, we are already hit with a fourty cent extra cost for all gas grade. Actually compared to Texas, we are about seventy cents a gallon higher. Someday, I really must move to America ;-) Another factor in slow sales could be that it is a radical design, and people are afraid to be or think different - well many are any way. The Chrysler Airflow failed. May need more advertising. First year out cars made by the big three typically have some sort of problems. While this one is made in Germany, it has a Chysler name plate, and many are leery first run cars from that company. Hope for better times for Crossfire sales. Would be neat if they make the Razor and the Sling Shot cars too!