Old 08-11-2014, 11:50 AM
Bill F
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: How to Repair Relay Control Module (RCM) - (Mystery no Start)

Originally Posted by greedisgood
My car has been down for 2 months now. Originally brought it over to my local mechanic, who has worked on my Xfire 5-6 X's. Always with great work. He could not figure out the Mystery No Start. I finally, after a month, logged on here and discovered member Tighed RCM repair.
Sent mine over to him and he got it back to me quickly (Thank you, sir) and my guy put it in. I stood there and watched the car crank up afterwards to my delight. We turned it off after a few minutes to test it again. It didn't start. Checked all the connections again with no luck. Finally after another few days I reluctantly towed it over to my Chrysler Dealer.
I called beforehand and asked for my regular service advisor for the last 10 years. Gone ! Damn 1 Got turned over to a supposed veteran and was not impressed. Seems like they might have cleaned house of the long term advisors and this fellow was left. If he could have been more disinterested I would be surprised :-(
After another 2 weeks of inaction, a call to him on my part every 3 days, Thursday he said I need a PCM. New part $2200.00 and ignition switch and keys total $3400.00 ! After having a cocktail, or 2, that night, I went to see him the next day.
Had to draw out of him that refurbished PCM's are available for $400.00. So my search today, in Houston, starts there. I'll write about my results
Have you replaced the CPS?