View Single Post
Old 08-23-2014, 11:39 PM
onehundred80
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire not Cranking or starting

Originally Posted by power90801
At the risk of sounding like an idiot here I had a few things to add. I just resolved this issue today. Put key in and only got the dash lights, same sound from under the hood like the fuel pump etc. I disconnected the NEGATIVE terminal on the battery, waited maybe 5 minutes and reattached. Then took both of my keys and re-synced:

Pointed key FOB at ignition, not inserting mind you

then pressed the open or closed button 2 times ( at this time the turn signals flashed)

then put key in ignition and turned it to the ON position where the dash light come on ( not all the way like I want to start the car)

at this time several things happened like lights flashing and clicking noises, etc.

I then hoped for the best and the car fired right up

The tips I got on the forum suspected the Relay Control Module issue that is well documented and requires a battery disconnect of the negative terminal. When this issue happens I think it un-programs your key FOB which requires the re-sync I mentioned. If the SKREEM does not recognise your FOB's it will immobilize the vehicle instantly. The forum has much to say on this exact issue and scenario. Hope this helps.
Give credit where credit is due, MrMiata appears to have solved your problem.

You just have to point the fob at the car, not the ignition, the halo around the ignition key hole has nothing to do with the door opening programming that you did. The chip inside the fob cannot be programmed by the owners.

The RCM does not require a battery disconnect, the SKREEM seems to benefit from a disconnect.
The fobs door opening ability is not affected by the disconnect at all. The security chip inside the fob is not affected by the disconnect at all.

It is the reverse of what you say, the SKREEM can get confused and not recognize the fob. The fob loses its memory for the door opening command when the batteries fail or are removed for some time.

Last edited by onehundred80; 08-23-2014 at 11:45 PM.