View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 10:13 AM
GraphiteGhost
Received 386 Likes on 333 Posts
Default Re: Mobil 1 - $12 for 5-quart Jug at Walmart

Originally Posted by Chris L.
OK, I took 2 copies of the $10 coupon to Walmart......what they do is a "price match" & they take off $10 per 5 quart jug. Starts out at $22.66 ...you end up getting it for $12.66.

NOW, the issue is sending in for the $12 / jug rebate......if that works....then it ends up being $0.66 / jug + the price of a stamp. That will make it about 15 cents a quart. So, the rebate form says you must submit on the "original" rebate form???? But on the other thread someone said they called Mobil & they would accept it from Walmart even though they aren't on the list. OK, so I call Auto zone to see if they had the rebate form.....was told the rebate form prints out on the back of the receipt when you purchase the oil. ?????

Well, I'll just go ahead and use the printout from the other thread. Not much to lose except the price of a stamp.

Just got back from Wal-mart and they said no on the coupon for $10.00 off. Went to a CSU manager, she went ahead and gave me ONE $10.00 rebate for a number of reasons they said only one. There is no information on how they get the money back from Mobil, and the SKU and number did not scan as valid. So, they basically gave me one discount on one bottle of the 5 qt size 0W-40. I sent one rebate form in yesterday for two bottles and will try another one rebate for the one today before I leave for my trip. Anyway, good luck on anyone who can get the $ off the purchase, and also to those who apply for the Mobil rebate (the form says the original form has to be used they said they do not accept copies). I will be using copies of the rebate form for both rebates so my fingers are crossed!