Old 09-07-2014, 12:16 PM
onehundred80
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts
Default Re: International Car Show cluster... you know

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Car shows are getting pretty bad around here as well. I have learned, if they are done by a car club, forget about taking your XF. They will side with what their club likes. Charitable event car shows seems to be more fair. They just like all cars and pick what they like for whatever reason. Or, shows that have a 'modern muscle" category seems to work as well. But, I am sick of rat rods and old muscle cars. I grew up with old muscle cars, not impressed with that anymore. It's good to go see them, but the judging is the same. It's better to go and have fun and not worry about a win or not, so I only do charitable shows now. At least my entry fee goes to a good cause.
I am with you there Doc, five of us went with our Xfires to a local car show in June and all the winners were known by their first names to the MC when the prizes were awarded. The club members had all voted amongst themselves, outsiders never had a chance.
What the heck, it was the same the previous years. Last year some kid with a ratty old Honda 50cc bike won in some motorcycle class, I'm surprised any bikes showed up this year.

The good thing is that there is a huge draw for other prizes, who needs a ratty trophy anyway. Four of us won five prizes between us with one person not winning.
If he's reading this I have a sign for him.

LOL

Last edited by onehundred80; 09-07-2014 at 12:20 PM.