View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 02:47 PM
ichon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)

Originally Posted by chisler29
The get together was nice yesteday. It was nice to see everyone and spend some time chatting. David, sorry you needed to leave. Hope you feel better.
Up next for the club is the Ridgely Car show, Sunday october 19, 9am-4pm. This will likely be the last time the current group put on this show. Many of these people are personal friends of many of us, and have shown great support to our show the past two years. Please post your plans for the show. Some people are staying saturday night in the Ridgley area, and some will be traveling a different direction to avoid the bridge, so we need to set a meeting spot with the group that are crossing the bridge sunday morning. We will meet at the WaWa prior to the bay bridge like we have used in the past. I'll post WaWa meeting formation soon.

For those who were not at the dinner yesterday, I am in the process of selling my crossfire. I don't know how soon this will happen, I'm thinking it will be the spring when I'm ready to activily sell the car. I still plan on being an active part of COM (unless the board tells me to leave), but since i will eventually not have a crossfire I cannot continue being the active "face" of the club. With this in mind I open discussion as to who will be the next club president. COM has built several relationships both locally and nationally during the past three years that will have to be kept up and grown apon. The president will need to be able to be available to attend events, display the banner, and be vocal while at the event to build and gain frendships with the other clubs to build COM. I did try to attend a car show every week in some form or another, and while the new president might not be able to do that, they do need to be able to attend one event a month, sometimes two. They need to be able to work with and at times butt heads with CICCI in order to help grow both COM and CICCI. Like i had mentioned i'll still be active with COM and the other clubs i belong to, but there is now a need for a new face of the club to contine building COM, and grow it in ways I could not. I'll still hang out and park with you guys at the car shows, I'll still bring the canopy so we all have shade, the only difference is the hood of my car will no longer stand at 90 degrees.

Jason, your 90 degrees will be missed (hopefully for only a short time wink wink) and thank you so much for the time, consideration and efforts you have put forth to represent the Chrysler Crossfire and Crossfires of Maryland. I suggest you nominate a successor.