View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 07:10 AM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)

Originally Posted by chisler29
Thank you for the kind words. Again, im not going to dissapear from the group. I have made too many good friends to let the fact that i will be driving a fish or fury instead of a fire keep me from hanging out with you guys. I'll still be at the shows with you guys, ill still go to the events, i'll still help with the show and be part of the club, ill just have a different car.

As far as the next club president, Paul is the logical choice, but his schedule hasnt allowed him to be at all the needed shows/events. David E has been at alot of events and has come up with good ideas for the club to do, he would make a good president should Paul wish to stay as VP. Dave E would also make a good president, but that would require two positions being filled, and a change in the club's IRS information. There is time for the current board members to decide if they can commit to the role.
Jason, I too want to thank you for your energy, time and enthusiam to lead the club. You'll be missed as our president but as you noted, you'll still be around, which is great news for all of us.

As far as your successor, any of the guys would be great candidates. My focus will likely continue to be on our show, with ideas, action and implementiaton at the top of my list (with a call for help next year). While I do a lot to connect, promote and engage with others about our club, the "show" scene isn't my thing. I enjoy a couple key shows or events with you guys but I've found many of them to require too much time investment that frankly I don't have, with little or no return on that investment for our club. Theire are a couple shows I'll go to becasue they seem to care and receprocate, but the others don't. I know you believe that attendance at all these shows is important, and while I know they have some intrinsic value for other reasons, they are limited to our club in many ways because there are so many shows it's impossible for a band of 6 to cover them like other clubs can cover them.

So, with that said, I'll leave it to the other guys to chime in about their interest to take the helm. Anyone of them would do a great job. We've tried hard for 3 years to get others to band with us from the small commuity of Crossfires and we remain the same number / size as we did back then. There are a few others which love and care about the car, but don't get involved in the club. Beyond that, it's just a car for all the others out there. I'm OK with that, because the few of us that care are doing some good with our efforts, and having some fun and extending our friendships even further.