Old 09-23-2014, 08:49 AM
Mel Gibson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Chrysler to Replace '05 Convertible Tops Under TSB - YAHOO!!

Originally Posted by jobiggs
IDK what I am doing wrong, both times I called, the reps had NO IDEA what I was talking about. I could not even get a claim number. They just said there is NO TSB or extended warranty for my car. They suggested I go to the dealership to have them look at it...dealership wants me to pay $139 for them to look at something that Chrysler should be fixing for free....I'm lost here. Completed NHTSA complaint and BBB complaint and Chrysler hasn't budged.
Just had mine replaced with 40232 miles on the odometer , I am the second owner. Just bought the car in August. I bought the car from a Chevrolet dealer where as the original owner traded for a new manual Corvette ( and she is a woman too). I read about the recall , went to the NTSA http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/...yTDx!-36343558 seen the complaints and when I was negotiating the price this was a factor that was brought up. The Chevrolet dealer contacted the local Chrysler dealer and made arrangements to get the top fixed. It took 2 months to get the top and the paper work done. It went in on 9/02/2014 and I picked it up on 9/08/2014.waranty.jpg
wa1.jpg
TSB-23-035-11 REV.A The key is less than 100,000 miles and less than 10 years of the original owner buying the car. The car I bought the original owner did not purchase car until 3/31/2006 so you need to check your Vin. Number to see when the original purchase date was.