View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 12:21 PM
BisB
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New owner, Audio System Upgrade?

Yes, I "upgraded" to the Kenwood KMR-D588bt, too. I looked around quite a bit and decided this unit not only matched the silver dash perfectly but included the green display of the CF dash (the unit has variable color display adjustment), the sound is terrific. Most of the Clarions I considered had red display or maybe it was blue, I can't recall. The Kenwood has everything right in the unit except for the mic that was wired (and installed) by Rudy Compart. I get that many would prefer to keep the original stock stereo to keep the CF pure, I respect that but as technology changes, you decide which way to go. If I sell the CF, I can include the stock stereo. I purchased the Kenwood through Crutchfield, paid about $50 more but the lifetime tech support has been great. I have called them 3 times with questions. Also, there is an antenna part (I think it is called a power booster?) that is needed for the install. Crutchfield did NOT have that spec (this is for the coupe model), so do extensive homework or call Rudy for the part description for your specific CF model/year. Good luck and enjoy the CF, fun to drive.