Thread: Radar Detectors
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 06:47 PM
nickwe21
Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Re: Radar Detectors

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
LOL.... I won't commit on the detectors. I spent 30 of my 35 yrs defeating them. Two things they won't defend against is instant on, and VASCAR. They do help though. Once I would activate my unit, then everyone with a detector knew I was around. But, at that point, what does it matter as I have my target. It is what it is. You will get a lot of responses. I get a little tickled with those that think they were saved by the detector. When I was doing other patrols, I would just leave my unit on just to set off detectors. I would only take those 15 and over when patrolling. But, once stationary, and actually enforcing a limit, say a 30 mph zone, I would leave the unit off until I would see an obvious violator, then hit the button. My thumb beat a lot of feet.... They serve a purpose I guess, but driving alert is the best way, and never be the leader out there in the left lane...later.
Totally get your point and agree with you. I wasn't really going to buy a detector to speed I just always have been intrigued by detectors and it was sometimes cool with my old one driving on the highway to Miami and the detector going off slowly but steadily and then finding a well hidden squat car around the corner
Would never rely on them for not getting a speeding ticket.
I used to wait for a porsche or vette to blast past me in the left lane then kinda tag on with enough distance but I actually have seen an officer in Jersey pull over 3 cars at the same time.
Oh an doc, I always look forward to your comments and advise! You being on the force for years explains the "dynamic" behavior when other people call you out on the Spring Booster (just messing with ya)