View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 10:32 PM
SRT6GRL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by RED DOG
You are correct . . . the dielectric grease can only be used on the TCM prongs and its wire connector (mounted on that plate under the passenger side floorboard). The connection at the transmission is an entirely different animal. You should only be concerned about that if you see a transmission fluid leak (commonly the o-ring on the connector part) or if you end up having to go into the transmission to replace the conductor plate inside the transmission.

I experienced an issue on one of my cars where the transmission would intermittently go into limp mode. I replaced the conductor plate and it STILL had the same problem. The eventually found solution was to remove the TCM, clean up the prongs and apply dielectric grease to the prongs and the wire connector. The issue never returned.
Thanks Bob for that Info. So today I watched MORE videos and did some MORE research I now know where the connection at the transmission is

I took it to the transmission guy to look at. I still have not had a CEL and neither did he. He did get it into limp mode though. Checked the code then even without CEL. Would not throw a code under model of car so tried Mercedes and still did not throw the code. Under "generic" for vehicle he got a P0715. He also wrote down Turbine Sensor SSA. Idk if he says that or the tool said that. So it looks like a sensor issue. Of course he wants $450 to fix it so I am gonna be doing MORE research tomorrow. .. lol

eta: upon further research it seems to me that the sensors are ON the conductor plate. So if I change the
conductor plate HOPEFULLY that will fix it since the TCM seemed dry and clean and it still acted up
with dielectric grease on it.... guess the only diagnostic I can do is to try and let another XF use my TCM
and see if it bonkies him up to prove whether or not its my TCM....

Thoughts? Opinions? Am I on the right track?
Thanks guys
Tracy

Last edited by SRT6GRL; 10-21-2014 at 11:03 PM.