Thread: Tuned or not?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 07:55 AM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Tuned or not?

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
I have driven twenty or so different NA's over the years and have to say some were a dam sight peppier than others.

We helped Sharko's wife buy an 04 six speed. bone stock and it was stronger and peppier than mine after Eurocharge did their first tunes. We could never figure out why but anyone who drive Debbie's red coupe had the same comments. when crumpy was looking for her own Crossie we drove at least ten local cars for sale. Most were wimpy in comparison to mine. I was amazed at the difference. However, having dynoed none of them, it was pure butt meter calibrations.

I'm still a little mad that Sharko sold that coupe without giving me a chance to buy it. Sometimes they just get one right. It was one of those.
I believe I have one on the "peppier" ones as well. When I was going to purchase one I drove a number of NA cars, and have since done so. I told all my car club guys, why bother Eurocharging mine because I was damn happy with it the way it was. I decided to Eurocharge it and put the needswings DCAI on it as well. it went from me being quite happy with it at stock to ..........wow, I'm glad I did the mods too. No it's not an SRT6, but boy it is sure a blast to drive.........responsive, quick solid in the curves and exhilerating to drive at "speed". All cars are different. How they are broken in, how they are maintained........etc. etc.