View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 04:45 PM
americanretrodave
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Spider cracks

Originally Posted by BEATv1
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...today-157.html

your link brought me to page 2 of the thread, i just searched your posts and found it at around page 157. im ASTONISHED! your work looks fantastic. i don't know if i have the patience to do all that but man it was worth it. i liked the satin-like finish of the base coat without the clear lol yeah i think i'll work on smaller projects for now and when i'm ready will upgrade to my car. first things first is to get it mechanically sound (this weekends project, fix those damn leaky valve cover gaskets!)

Sorry about that, I just copied the link when I was on the pictures and that was what came up? It looks like a lot more work than it was, took me three days to get the body ready, I had a lot of door dings on it, and four days to paint, cut and buff it. Thanks for the compliment, there are a lot of little things that can happen, especially in a glorified back yard shop, but I can't say anything went wrong, the paint laid down really nice. What makes a paint job look cheap or bad, in my opinion, is an uneven surface, like with a little orange peel. The light reflects at all the uneven surface and it gives you that cheap look. Once you cut it (wet sand it) making it smooth as you can see in the picture I took of cutting, you get rid of all that nonsense. Then when you buff, you get that deep natural shine that only comes from an even and smooth surface. I always put on four good coats of clear sometimes five, I want enough on it to really cut.

Dave