View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 08:11 PM
SRT6GRL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by RED DOG
Swapping your TCM with another crossfire to see what happens is a good diagnostic thought.

Are you absolutely certain that your transmission fluid level is good? What exactly are the symptoms you are having with the transmission? $450.00 seem just a bit high to install a new conductor plate but not really too far out of line if that quote includes all the necessary parts and fresh transmission fluid. You can get the conductor plate on E-Bay including a new transmission filter, pan gasket and a new connector piece for $156.40. I've bought from this seller before . . .

Mercedes Transmission Conductor Plate Connector Filter Gasket 722 6 All OE | eBay

Then ask your transmission guy how much to drop the pan and do a transmission fluid change . . . and while he's "in there" already, change out conductor plate . . . See if you have a local repair shop that specializes in Mercedes vehicles and get friendly with them. They'll be familiar with your transmission and will likely be a better choice to work with in the long run . . .
Thanks for the link. The guy is a friend of sorts. So it was $200 for labor. And $250 for parts. Having watched several videos it seems like $200 is a bit steep for the labor. BUT...he has a lift and I don't! Lol... so I guess I will get back in touch with him and see if he will use parts I bring and that will save some money. How many bottles of fluid do you need? I have seen so many posts about the fluid. Use this, no dont use that, use only MB, no I liked Mopar, Amsoil rules. ...lol.... what did u use?