Thread: oil extractor
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 07:28 AM
syfi
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: oil extractor

Jack the car? Tilt it? Slide underneath and position pan?
Are you all crazy?

I stroll out in the morning in my bath robe and slippers, pop the hood, pull the dip stick, insert the vacuum tube, pump the Mityvac a dozen times, stroll back inside and have a cup-o-joe and read the paper. 20 or so minutes later and she's done. Why do it the hard way when there is no discernible difference between what is extracted? There is just as much oil left in the bottom of the pan from pulling the plug as there is vacuuming. If you don't believe me, then drain your oil through the plug and then pull off your pan. BAZINGA. Look at all that oil left in the pan because the plug hole is detented inwords!

Ever spill that oil transferring it from the pan to a container? No problem with the Mityvac. Reverse the pump valve, insert the tube into container and pump a dozen times and booya. All clean and civilized.

One more thing...I no longer have to worry about the common problem with the plug stripping the Aluminum pan threads, nor replacing the brass washer every time (like is recommended) or having to get the right torque on the plug.

So easy a caveman could do it!

Last edited by syfi; 10-23-2014 at 09:27 AM.