View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 07:40 AM
RED DOG
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by SRT6GRL
Thanks for the link. The guy is a friend of sorts. So it was $200 for labor. And $250 for parts. Having watched several videos it seems like $200 is a bit steep for the labor. BUT...he has a lift and I don't! Lol... so I guess I will get back in touch with him and see if he will use parts I bring and that will save some money. How many bottles of fluid do you need? I have seen so many posts about the fluid. Use this, no dont use that, use only MB, no I liked Mopar, Amsoil rules. ...lol.... what did u use?
Hi Tracy, The link I provided will get you all genuine Mercedes parts. I would not put any aftermarket parts in the transmission. You don't want to be going back in there again. As for the ATF I would use the original Mercedes / Mopar transmission fluid. When you drop the pan to do a transmission fluid change, not all of the fluid is drained (there are several quarts that remain in the torque converter) so I would not recommend "mixing" the fluid types. Just stick with the original Mercedes fluid (or Mopar labeled fluid). It's not cheap but worth the peace of mind. Buy about 6 quarts so you'll have plenty. Please let us know how you end up.