View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 08:57 AM
hpmotors
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ignition Switch/Lock Assembly Problems

AmericanRetro - I think the problem is in the steering wheel lock portion, not the actual tumbler/key part. Will know for sure when I get it apart. Really like Graphite, huh? Two SRT's! One of these days I'm going to SRT my base 6 speed 05 - said project is about #23 on my list of things I "plan" to do. Oh well, dreams are still free right?

ReliableRon - Thanks for the revised part number, the dealer liked that one. I haven't actually opened the sucker up yet - car is semi driveable at this point so it is parked awaiting my ministrations. Mercedes says this thing is available, special order, for about $160 which is way the heck better than Chrysler - they wanted over $400 for the fool thing!
Plan is to see what's what when I get it apart, and most likely just disable the steering wheel lock function. Needed to know what the part cost in case I totally fudged things up!

What is it with you guys and multiple Xfires? Kidding of course, I love mine but only have one. I do have seven MX5's though.

Cheers ya'll