View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 10:54 AM
americanretrodave
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ignition Switch/Lock Assembly Problems

Originally Posted by hpmotors
AmericanRetro - I think the problem is in the steering wheel lock portion, not the actual tumbler/key part. Will know for sure when I get it apart. Really like Graphite, huh? Two SRT's! One of these days I'm going to SRT my base 6 speed 05 - said project is about #23 on my list of things I "plan" to do. Oh well, dreams are still free right?

What is it with you guys and multiple Xfires? Kidding of course, I love mine but only have one. I do have seven MX5's though.

Cheers ya'll
If the key is turning easily, it's probably the steering column lock and you don't need to buy anything to fix it, just pry that little cover off and let the pin and spring drop out, end of story.

I like the graphite but on the six speed I was hoping to find a white one, but I just seem to find the deals on graphite. And I suffer, like several on this site, from that desease that if one is good, two are better syndrom. I'm even worst on old corvettes, I have two '57s, one '59, two '62s, one '63 and two '67s and I'm looking at a '60.

Dave