Old 10-24-2014, 11:07 AM
janaiy
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CPS or RCM or just really only a faulty battery ??

Hi my XF friends ,
I am trying to anticipate future issues with my XF roadster 06. I had several problems with my XF 06 in the past (2 yrs ago), like parking the car, come back and no start, just a ticking noise. Apparently was not the battery. Was thinking my RCM giving me problems?? I tried disconnecting one part of the battery and connected it again. Luckily the car started. This happened to me about 6-8 times. I know this is a limited solution, one day the car will stay dead. By the way, this only happened to me in Miami where I live since 5 yrs. When I was in Atlanta Ga it never happened. Heat is a factor? Or maybe it is the CPS ? Or just a coincidence?
In the meantime I changed my battery because I found lots of corrosion on one connecting part. Even cleaning it did not help. I had to jumpstart the car several times and figured it must be a faulty battery, so Advanced Autoparts gave me a new one. Since than no issues. But now I am still scared it will happen again. But if my RCM is the reason, shouldn't it has happened in the last 2 years? What about the CPS?
I am considering ordering one just in case. I found one at this link Your Parts Search Returned 1 Part(s)
Can you guys confirm me that to be the right part for my XF Roadster 06 ?

I appreciate you all so much to be part of my XF family