Old 11-19-2014, 09:53 PM
blkccrossfire1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A potential nightmare averted… thank you Crossfire Forum! Crankshaft Position Sen

Can one of you guys help!! I have a 2005 crossfire with 10th miles. The car the engine tries to turn over but fails and while attempting to Start the car spurts out this black smoke from the exist pipe. I had it towed to a shopand after a hour of "diagnosis" he says it's the relay control module. He runs my total to me @548.00 my questions are 1. How does he know it's the rcm versus the crankshaft, 2. What does the rcm have to do with the car exhust having black smoke. Before it got this bad. The car would cut off at a certain Temperature like many have said. It would cool off and fire back up. Mine would cut while thecar was in motion. I had several check engine light codes but none of which has me to believe it's this most expensive part that they are saying has to be built first then shipped because it's back ordered. I know I am a woman but gosh please help. I needand want my baby working..