Old 11-19-2014, 11:10 PM
hotwheels
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A potential nightmare averted… thank you Crossfire Forum! Crankshaft Position Sen

Originally Posted by syfi
Immediately get your car back from the mechanic. Go to this thread that explains how to fix the RCM. The board is easy to remove and find someone who can solder, or take it to an electronics repair shop (like a TV repair place) with a copy of the picture showing what points need resoldering, or just send it to Tighed1 for repair, who only charges $20 to repair it (your best bet)!

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-no-start.html
The people on this forum can save you a lot of money and hassle so I advise you to follow their directions....the RCM does NOT have to be rebuilt. Mine was just resoldered - it had six loose wires causing it to shut down once. Because I had read the crossie forum before it went out I knew what I had to do and told the mechanic what I wanted him to do. They really don't like women to know more than they do about certain things....glad you guys don't have ego issues!! I would take my car to another shop...these guys are rip offs..good luck. They are great little cars. Print out the paperwork about fixing the relay control module (RCM) and take it to a decent shop that works on german/foreign cars, and know about Crossies.