View Single Post
Old 03-07-2004, 01:48 PM
VegasCrossfire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scottc:

I don't know what the lemon laws are in your state, but if they are like in our state, you are at the point where all you should have to do is simply call your dealer - ask for the manager of the dealership, explain how long they have had your baby and tell them it is time to call it a "lemon". We had to do that, and the second we did that, they started the proceedings. Seemed like they were just waiting for us to say the words. Once the words were said, the ball was in motion, and we ended up with a new car.

We kept letting them keep the car with the promise that "tomorrow the part will be here and it will be fixed". We didn't want to make waves or let the car go, so we didn't say anything. But ... as I mentioned, I believe they were probably sitting there scratching their heads, wondering when we would mention the word "lemon" to the Manager of the Dealership, instead of making comments about it to the service department, because I'm sure their hands were tied.

By the way, when we were going through this, I did find lemon law info on the internet. There is NO reason for you to pay an attorney to help you with this. If your car meets the lemon criteria, DC will not waste any time in taking care of it. :shock:

Good Luck!!