View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 11:45 PM
Joatjackson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cannot reset/reprogram key fob...?

I purchased an original Crossfire key fob off of eBay, the whole thing, not just a case or a knock off copy of one. Mine was in rough shape and this one is like new. I swapped out my key blade and my chip into the new housing and replaced the batteries with new ones.

I cannot get this remote to open the doors, but of course the car starts and runs just fine. I have tried every combination of pressing the lock or unlock button twice (with the key in and with the key out of the ignition) and turning the ignition to the on position. I've removed the batteries from the fob and the positive terminal in the car for over an hour and tried again and it still won't work.

If I press either button on the fob and hold it for a couple of seconds (in low light) I can see the LED on the end blink twice dimly and then once brightly, so I know the batteries are good and it's working. I would use my old circuit board from my old remote, but it has some water damage and the switch buttons are failing.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to explain the whole situation. I've searched on here for hours and tried everything I found to no avail. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Oh, 2004 Limited Coupe, 6spd manual, if it helps and my original fob worked except the buttons were finicky from the water damage.