View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 04:24 PM
Pidgas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Roadster rear window TSB - Rev "A"

After three (3) months of dealing with Chrysler (corporate), my 2005 Roadster top has been replaced at no cost under the TSB. I am so thankful to forum for providing guidance, resources and suggestions throughout the process. Yes, I am one of the fortunate ones, although the car was originally delivered to Iowa the car was in FL from 2006-2013 and GA since 2013. Interestingly enough, the first replacement top did not fit properly and was damaged; the second top seems fine. While Chrysler covered the full cost of the replacement top including a rental vehicle (and an additional $610 for a new top motor/relay board that malfunctioned somewhere between the 1st and 2nd replacement top), the local dealer (10 minutes from house) would not assist us. Rather we had to drive 45 minutes away to another dealer – Mall of Georgia Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM (Buford, GA). The staff could not have been more gracious in assisting us and I would highly recommend them. On the other hand, the local dealer, Troncalli Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM (Cumming, GA) refused to assist us and told Chrysler Corporate they would not accept the warranty coverage because we were not “loyal customers”. Please know that we recently moved from FL to GA in 2013 and in a year put 500 miles on the Roadster… in fact, it has 23,000 miles total (we even shipped the vehicle to GA in an enclosed carrier – talk about a car that has been babied)…so, how much service is needed? Regardless, I can’t believe that Troncalli would not honor Chrysler Corporate’s decision to cover the repair and wanted to let other GA forum members know about Troncalli’s unwillingness to assist. What especially is frustrating is that we are in the process of buying another vehicle and I refuse to go to Troncalli for this purchase and/or future service needs. We are loyal Mall of Georgia customers now and happy to share our experience.

I would encourage any forum members who experience the dreaded back window “fall out” to contact Chrysler Corporate 800-763-8422 – document all conversations and be persistent. PM me for other details if desired.