View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 09:46 PM
oledoc2u
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Car wandering on motorway

Originally Posted by Oconnom
Sorry, I think that is rubbish. The car manufacturer determines the recommended pressure , not the tyre manufacturer. The only exception maybe a tyre specifically designed & manufactured for a specific vehicle ?
A tyre of a particular size and rating Is often suitable for many different cars but the recommended pressure could be different for each vehicle type, mainly relative to axle weight and determined by the vehicle manufacturer.
The only pressure rating on my tyres (on all my cars) is a max pressure e.g. 44 psi on my Crossfire rear tyres, no minimum or range. The other spec is maximum weight.
Although not specified in the Crossfire owners handbook , the tyre pressures for my 2 other cars in their handbooks has recommended pressures for different tyre sizes, not tyre manufacturers.
Mick
I don't know about across the pond, but you are wrong. Tire manufacturer is where you get your correct pressure. The car manufacturer doesn't even warrant the tire, they will tell you to go to the tire store. Always run what the tire states, or suffer. There are numerous things that can make your car pull one way or another. Bushings, brake grabbing or hanging, tire out of round, bent rim, wheel bearing and I can go on and on....but tire pressure isn't a CAR manufacturer recommendation. I can tell you that from being a crash scene investigator, and working in transportation my whole life....