View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 10:35 AM
onehundred80
Received 560 Likes on 470 Posts
Default Re: Car wandering on motorway

Originally Posted by Speedy4x4
Hummm mixes reviews both ways.
Car manufacturer tire pressure to make it easier on factory crap shocks, or tire manufacturer pressure for best performance and
("<{[《 longevity 》]}>")
Of the $$$$$ tires.

How about a show of hands, when needing new tires, how many people research and spend lots of time going over hundreds of tires to find what they want for there car, and what they think would be the best tire for there car and there driving style.
And how many ppl wait to get tires when someone tells them they need tires and they go to a tire shop and grab the cheapest tires they can find or tires that they think look pretty????

I have a ? Does anyone remember there stock tires? And how much pressure that tire was reccomended for?
There is no mixed review, just the right way and the wrong way. The tire manufacturers max pressure is NOT the best performance pressure, that pressure is the max pressure allowable under a very few certain circumstances, oledoc2u is wrong, eventually someone will be dead if people insist on driving their Crossfire with the max tire pressure stated on the tires.

As I said before read this and understand it. What is so hard to comprehend? There will be a test tomorrow.

When it comes to tire selection I went by the recommendations I got from this forum, it worked for me, I got Hancooks. These cars have become cheap and are often owned by people with limited budgets so they will often be fitted with the cheapest tires possible, minimally maintained, modded badly and replaced with a Honda when they can afford one. I think in the next five years half of the Crossfires will be in scrap yards, which is good as that means more and cheaper spares hopefully.