View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 01:27 PM
syfi
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: How to program your own key. SAVE $$$

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Where are people getting this "insert key" first? All I've read till lately states press twice.. within 30 seconds insert and turn to on position. Girl on Facebook claimed I posted insert key.. hold button for 30 seconds then turn on.. umm..don't think so. Needless to say she never produced a link to that statement. Ironically it worked for her though.. LOL

OH hell.. never mind.. pulled up post #1 .. LOL..

That exact same statement (from post #1) is sent with every new key purchased through Needswings!

I tried the same procedure as the manual stated and had no success. Pulled the key out and did the button push before inserting and worked like a charm. One thing I'm wondering about is how long these replacement keys have been laying around. Mine would only work close to the car and if it was pointed only one way and not the other. 3 weeks later and she died completely. Fresh batteries and she's working normally like she should have, from 5 times the distance and pointed either way. If these keys were produced during the cars mfg. and still hold the original batteries, the batteries would be reaching their 7 yr limit just sitting on the shelf!

Last edited by syfi; 12-16-2014 at 01:41 PM.