Old 06-05-2006, 09:03 AM
adoni
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: What other people say about our Crossfires

Originally Posted by upstate
I thought the person who said the ride was stiff made me think of reviews on other sports cars where they say its to mushy. Mushy is for luxury which I appreciate and want and firm is for sporty which I also want in a sports car.
Agreed, mushy is for luxury cars and your living room.

I feel my XF has plenty of loudness and even better sound quality after doing the pelked1 mod. (see to the Audio ... thread)

Steering ... I feel every bump on the road, and while living in IL every road does indeed have a few HUGE bumps. I love the cornering, reminds me of my MGB days.

Traction ... if the guy gave up at 60 MPH, then he didn't give the wing time to engage. I have noticed at high speeds, even in wet conditions, it tracks it's path very well. A friend of my took it for a ride, and he jumped on it going around a corner, it didn't slide, drift or fishtail ... he asked "This is all wheel drive, right?" No I had to say, it's an awesome car!

I too looked at the Sky and the Solstice before making my XF purchase. They look nice if that's what you want. I DRIVE my cars ... that's what I wanted. As a musician and an avid disc golfer, the Sky and the Solstice, with their backwards opening cargo areas, weren't practical for me. I'd be rubbing out scratches on the rear fenders all the time. And ... when the top's down, the volume decreases considerably.

As to head turning ... I've seen many look at me while I drive, had windows rolled down at stop lights and hear "Nice car!" ... the XF gets your attention.

Lastly ... it's a quality vehicle. So far I've been blessed and haven't seen the problems some have mentioned nor have I had to see my dealer about anything, but I still think it's quality.

That's my 0.02
adoni