Old 12-22-2014, 07:45 PM
32krazy!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Just bought EC TCU tune/ forum has me scared

Originally Posted by ImportLabSRT
And what is it that you want to see, Steve? I know you have a hard on for making Eurocharged look bad, but this TCU tune has come a long way. I have 20+ logs I can post up if you want them, and 20+ passes down the 1320 as well.
actually i don't have a hard on for any one company. i do however have no issue calling a vendor out when they tell me its a finished product that has been tested fully and i install it and find massive spikes. 6 months down the road they basically bail on me and I'm forced to buy another tcu and have speedriven program it to work. i ran e/c tunes for yrs. worked with jerry and tony when he was still there to set up group tunes. but they decided free retunes for life wasn't a good idea and left me and others hanging.
oe tuning was no different. weistec has left chawkins hanging with his tcu tune on his e55. bip had to step in and try to fix the problems. grip grip has had tcu tunes on his crossfire as well. huge problems as early as a yr ago. multiple times his cl65 tcu had to be adjusted. how can any of this be considered tested and ready for sale?
its a pattern i see to often with tuners who want to sell products that haven't been fully tested and then when theres problems they are nowhere to be found.

I'm glad you have a working setup. but didn't e/c leave you to rework your entire turbo setup yrs ago and never fully tuned it to its potential?

its a issue i have when folks get tunes and never datalog to see whats actually going on. to say the tune is perfect based on a dyno run when you baby step thru 3 gears get it in 4th and punch it. how do you think that even tells you what is happening? real time data is were you see whats going on you know that bryan.

ok rant over. my proefi is giving me fits with the 2 step. no non driven speed sensors responding. the nice thing is my tuner is sending me HIS personal computer from his turbo to install in my car to see if its wiring or computer related. thats the kind of service i look for now. send an email and a reply within minutes. appointments for remote tuning kept and if theres a problem he calls to reschedule instead of crickets. of course i pay huge $$ for this kind of service but its worth it