View Single Post
Old 03-07-2004, 10:50 PM
deco
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trying to find w web page with my dealer -- a family friend, real down-to-earth guy -- we had to go thru the Crossfire multimedia tour on chrysler.com. It was EMBARRASSING. Chrysler seems to be pitching this car like the only folks who will buy it are rich corporate jerk-offs who slip into something more comfortable on weekends, i.e. silk shirts and gold chains to show off their grey chest hair....the voice-over reminded me of the first intolerable snob-appeal ads for the Infiniti....what is with the wine glasses they are selling as accessories? What DCX seems to be telling their dealers is that the typical buyer will be someone who buys this as their second or third car, only to boulevard around in on weekends, I guess while cruising for (or with) a trophy wife. They are totally ignorant of the auto-cross crowd... the artistic/poetic types who will make a buy decision and eat mac-and-cheese to own it, based solely on the killer looks... the middle-class value-conscious buyer that sees this as a great way to buy a Benz for less than Benz price with better than Benz styling....THIS CAR ROCKS AND ROLLS and Chrysler is pitching it like something only to be chatted about over port in the Union Club lounge....