View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 11:22 AM
BEATv1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: This would happen...

Here it is! I picked up my car this morning and inspected it. Some pros and cons below

PBVoEQY.jpg

FWGMd78.jpg

pros:
-no dent of course
-fixed scratches on fender (even ones that were there)
-partially fixed front bumper (only blended necessary areas. i wish they painted the whole bumper but thats not their problem )
-fixed stone chips on hood
-replaced splash guards
-replaced brackets to foglight
-wheel alignment (i needed one
-compensated me $150 for not replacing the rim--the reason for this was because all my rims have curb rash, some major some minor. They couldve sent it out and have it professionally fixed and come back all new but then the rest would look like crap. So they offered me money to "live with it". i said to myself, im going to fix all the curb rashes anyways and repaint so i took the money.

cons:
-minor indent on fender area (its no where near the accident. im assuming it was there already and i didnt notice and they just sprayed over it, you have to look really hard since it's been sprayed and cleared)
-scratches in my headlight (im not sure if i can just buff out, ill check that out this weekend)
-paranoid that the lines still dont match up (this is me being very very meticulous)

geico offers a satisfaction guarantee which states if you are not satisfied with the work they will fix it no problem. i dont think my cons justify bringing it back and praying another defect will not pop up and going on and on. anyways, next was to file a diminished value claim but i am second guessing it because when reading up on it, it's not an easy claim to win. it may even involve lawyers. i mean i have pictures to prove how minor the accident was so hopefully, if i do sell, they wont care too much.
thanks to everyone's advice and helping me through this ordeal.