Thread: MB dealer
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 06:15 PM
onehundred80
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts
Default Re: M B dealer

Originally Posted by harbor
It seems to vary by dealer depending on the capacity of the shop, mood & manner of the service mgr., etc... Some forum members in the Mid-Atlantic region have a willing Benz dealer. You would think that since the MB service dept preps non-MB trade-ins for resale in the used car dept, they would work on X-Fires.

MB is one of my clients, and I'm not aware of any cross-service policy ban from HQ. Even though our cars are based on a dated SLK chassis, I still think one would be better off with a good independent shop specializing in MB, BMW & Audi.
Bad attitude is not the sole reserve of MB service reps, I had a run in with a Chrysler rep when I went to another dealership than normal for a free oil change on my extended warranty. I reminded him that the oil was 8 liters of Mobil 0W-40, he said the car did not require that or 8 liters, I insisted and we got a little heated. When I came to check out he humbly said that I was correct.
The next time I went there I was told he was gone, to which I replied that it was a good thing he had left. The new guy told me that he did not fit in and was booted.

If you deal with the public you become the face of the dealership, no matter what you think you have to be polite and take the BS, not confront the customer as if he is an idiot. Reps are to make money and not drive customers from the door.