Thread: TPMS sensors
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 04:41 PM
m3pig
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: TPMS sensors

[QUOTE=brentwasham;825533]You can buy OEMs for $56 from MoparOnlineParts.com (part no. 52088990AE for my '05 SRT6). You have to submit VIN and have them look up the right part no, as they can change within the particular model and model year. After a lot of soul-searching decided to go this route so I just ordered four. There were just too many different brands, shop equipment requirements, and reprogramming procedures in the aftermarket, IMHO. Even Schrader has multiple footnotes on Chrysler models, it seems to be a crap shoot getting one that will work. I wasted my time and money on Dorman units, nobody I could find in my city of a million people has equipment to clone their generic units, and you need the old ones to clone anyway, which my tire shop threw away. Will let you know if the factory ones work without reprogramming the car at the dealer, have my fingers crossed.[/QUOT\

I gave up and bought from Chrysler. No one makes an aftermarket TPMS that can be set by the machine to work on XFs. In addition, Mercedes' machine won't work on XFs. I went the 'disable the idiot light', but I want to sell the car, so I ponied up the cash for the replacements.