View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 12:01 PM
BisB
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: My latest mod - Flashing Brake Lights

Thanks for your response jimmier. I just ordered the $5.00 part from https://www.superbrightleds.com Cost is just under $8.00 with shipping.
As I understand, the brightness of the 3rd brake light is not enhanced, the CHMSL brake light blinks prior to a steady burn. I have read that enhanced lights (brighter) that can be purchased aftermarket, may be illegal. When I have come to abrupt stops on the highway, and view traffic approaching from behind, I sometimes pump the brake to flash the brake lights if I don't think the driver is slowing down fast enough. I won't know how the addition of the flashing brake light will be driving with the CF until the weather breaks in April. If drivers fall back with the flashing brake light, I'll know it's successful. It seems that other drivers do not respect small cars especially sporty cars, or at least this is my experience. I'm always very polite changing lanes, never intending to **** anyone off making abrupt lane changes. Not worth it. A friend with a Porsche (over 10 years driving it) claims the same typo of driving respect. He says he has had bizarre experiences with drivers for no apparent reason.