View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 07:25 AM
Toolman
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Re: Muffler Question?

I bought both mufflers used. The first one was from a listing by a local forum member. He installed it and his wife did not like the louder sound, so he took it off. I purchased it from him in 2009 for $320 and picked it up in person. Back then there was a seller giving forum members a special price on the Magnaflows for $350. I have not heard of anyone getting that price for years. The second one was a lucky find last year. An auto dismantler (junk yard) listed a car for parts on craigslist. I saw the round muffler tips in the listing and knew it had the Magnaflow. They sold and shipped the muffler for $220. That muffler was definitely on the car for several years and showed it but it works.

I installed both mufflers. I did the first one myself and took about an hour in total. It was on the roadster, so I had to loosen and move two braces under the car out of the way. The second one on the coupe took longer as the flange bolts were badly rusted and two broke and had to be drilled out. In addition one of the two O ring hangers near the back/tips fought my son and I for about another 1/2 hour before we could get it on the hanger/hook.

Last edited by Toolman; 02-24-2015 at 12:12 PM.