Thread: TPMS sensors
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 09:16 AM
onehundred80
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts
Default Re: TPMS sensors

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Who knows, it might be one of those little secrets that very few people know about. Or does it damage the transmitter forward? Here is a scenario... People take their cars in to have the TPMS light taken care of, tech does this mumbo-jumbo and when your called, a whopping bill confronts you. You pay it (because you want your car back) and drive happily ever after (until the next glitch)...

I would just do the TPMS disconnect at the module near the dome light. I check my tires occasionally, as I don't trust some things to little pressure sensors that do not have replaceable batteries in them (not to mention the cost to dismount/replace and such). Just another money pit that generates big bucks for mechanics, and just as useless as a dealership with an untrained XF tech replacing parts until you go away (type of troubleshooting style).
This is all well and good but in many areas you will find that the safety test will be failed if the sensors are not working. If the car comes with them as OEM equipment they must work. Presumably they can tell if they are working. No safety check here in Ontario prior to sale and the car cannot be sold privately as a roadworthy vehicle. Presumably dealers would have to get it fixed.