View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 12:07 PM
GraphiteGhost
Received 388 Likes on 335 Posts
Default Re: chrysler or mercedes service

I like working on my cars. Hell a few days/weeks/months (getting feeble not sure exactly when) after bringing home my NEW XF, we took the whole front facia off because I could not get the headlights out of the little hole they said it would come out. It was fun, entertaining (because it was so clean I didn't get all kinds o crap in my eyes and the screws weren't rusted/gooped up with mud), and did I mention a lot of fun? I did this to change the OEM bulbs to Sylvania SS Ultras (which are still going strong no burnouts or problems low or high beams). Love the teardown, love the put-together (providing nothing broken or extra) and cannot figure out what is in some engineers minds when they put this or that in the locations they do without regard for access down the road (engineers, been there done that, and still do). Just lately, physical health issues are curbing both my enthusiasm and ability to self help. I just wish I could pop off that dang tranny tube cover without having to buy a new one (or tool). Have the long thick nylon tie-wrap with the measurement to get the level right but dang it there should be a 'dip-stick' for this dipstick to self check it warm (and only warm as there is quite the chart for fluid temp/reading). Yeah, back to that engineers thing again... XF's RULE forever!