View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 02:20 PM
GraphiteGhost
Received 364 Likes on 317 Posts
Default Re: N/A Spoiler Removal Guide

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I am going to put in one of these flashers and to put it in you have to remove al the panels on the hatch. I intend to fit connectors on the OEM wires and the flasher. I will extend the wires down inside the panels to the bottom, that way if I ever have to R&R the flasher I will not have to remove all the panels. Also the flasher is stickied to the hatch, if it came loose it might rattle, if I stuck it on the inside of the hatch on the inside of the face with license plate lights, it could not fall any farther and would be on a horizontal face putting little stress on the glue. These sticky pads tend to creep in the heat and slower in the cold.

Great point! If its down on that 'ledge' it'll never 'fall' anywhere. Wiring is simple, its the access that sometimes baffles.. A simple grouping of the wires along the cabling to the hatch lamps makes for a fast error free install, and its totally hidden. Also, might be a great place for the splicing, up there where the cable bundle comes into the hatch, just 4 wires or less depending on the model used (I have seen 3 and 4 wires depending on the model used), added to the bundle (two down to the module and two returning back up to the splice)..