View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 12:59 PM
GraphiteGhost
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts
Default Re: N/A Spoiler Removal Guide

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
How about pin 5 ( black/blue wire ) out of the headlight switch ?
Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Whoa there Nellie!!! If you connect the two black together and GROUND them, then find the power wire going to the LED stoplamp and cut once. Attach the + line (the one you cut leading to the stoplamp) to the box +12v (red) in, then the 'out' wire from box (red) to the other wire you cut leading to the stoplamp. This puts the flashing box in parallel (you power the flashy box) then that box outputs the new signal to the actual stoplamp assembly. No matter how you ground the unit (even if the original ground to the LED assembly isn't cut into), the power line MUST be interrupted and only outputted to the lamp assembly. This will insure the lamp works properly. You also could cut both the hot and ground and install it that wag but this way (above) will work and you only have to cut one wire to insert the reds into the power line feeding the stoplamp. I got confused with the way you said that above George.

OK, using this .pdf supplied by the most awesome forum membership, interrupt the number 5 (LHD) or 19 (RHD) wire from the illumination control module and insert the red wires as I indicated earlier. Then just ground the two BLACK wires from the 'BOX' that flashes (yes the one you bought with two sets of red/black wires, mine shows V IN +/- and OUT +/-).

If your as **** as I am, you can test the wire you cut before hooking up by attaching the positive probe and grounding the negative probe, then look for the signal (12v nominal) as you hit the brake pedal. That is the wire you connect the red V IN wire to. You connect the other piece of that wire to the OUT red wire of your flash box you bought. Hooking this up this way is perfect if you do not want to take apart your hatch trim AND the wiring diagram shows the correct terminals/direct wiring (ie there is no other device(s) in the circuit leading from the illumination control module to the LED array).

Personally, I just might take the trim out and hook into the BK/BL wire leading to the array (positive wire IN and OUT), and ground both of the black negative wires from the little flasher box. This way nothing else can be controlled by that flasher box.

Good luck!