View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 01:47 AM
BisB
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: coverting base to power seats

Rudy was correct, you may have to run power for electric seats on a base coupe if no power wires available. It appears that my base coupe does not have the 2 power wires for seat control. What I have is 4 wires in the base coupe, also present in the wire connector that came with the electric seats, assuming these wires are for seat belt/airbag. I did not want to chance reconnecting the battery to test the existing leather seat for power in fear of an air bag light and also because the other side of the connector (for electric seats) was not present in the base connector. Also, the space for the power seat relay that every picture posted on the forum had a connector (in my base coupe) with wires in that space and I could not locate anywhere that would accept the pins of the seat relay. Based on past postings, it seems the wiring was all over the place from year to year with regards to connecting the power seat relay. Any suggestions as to exactly how to run power to electric seats? And for that matter, I used a battery charger to move seats. Is a power seat relay necessary if power/neutral is run and fused at the fuse box? Then I would assume that maybe the seats would work anytime the car is running, doors opened or closed- no cracking sodder joints. Thanks for any suggestions.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
photo2.jpg (163.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_2208 copyc.jpg (238.8 KB, 20 views)