Old 04-05-2015, 09:56 AM
barngal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need step by step procedure to test for leaks

I am trying to see if I have any leaks. No moisture in the headlamps yet, it is very dry here in Sacramento. But the right headlamp is silicone sealed, indicating a previous leak of some kind.
I had intended to check for water in the trunk but now it is a higher priority. There may not be water now, so I am looking for evidence of water and then hoping to test and make sure the headlamp is indeed sealed; also that there aren't leaks elsewhere. It probably won't rain until fall but the car will be getting baths..So I'm hoping to test for a leak with a hose. Not sure if I should use a regular hose, or a pressure washer...

We have a 30 day warranty from the dealer that everything on the car is generally in good shape. We are already going in for a map light and the rear speakers aren't working. They may not fix these but they are going to diagnose anyways(probably a bulb in the map light). I'm positive that if there is water in the trunk they will take some responsibility, but if so, I want to know where the leak is coming from and that it gets the proper repair.

side note: I'm going talk with the dealer about the left rear tire with 4/32" tread and uneven wear; the other 3 tires are new. Now going to add the siliconed headlamp. And the sticky ignition that sometimes won't turn.
Can't hurt to bring up these issues, but reading up on this excellent forum so I can fix the problems myself, proactively if the dealer doesn't respond to my requests.