View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 10:59 AM
BisB
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: coverting base to power seats

Sounds reasonable to have 12v power for seats. I gave up on the relay installation and decided to pursue 12v raw power (fused and switched) power for power seat controls. (not gonna install seat warmers) Rudy believes that a relay is needed so since he is the doctor, I'll let him decide. I installed the leather seats and was intuitive enough to ask the seller for the connectors that supplied power lines to the electric seats. I dissected the connector and added the positive/neutral plug to each seat connector and installed the seats in the base coupe. When I got to the passenger seat, the cloth seat had a feature for the seat belt that connected to the seat. I looked at the leather seat and found the same colored wires leading into the base connector so I thought that the airbag light and seat belt light should be fine. I of course disconnected the battery prior to all of this and wouldn't you know, the dang airbag light is on. I don't know if the airbag system is sensing a foreign seat to the existing wiring of the base or maybe it is a fluke that the airbag light is illuminated. I'll have to have Chrysler reset the airbag light. If they hit a snag and can't reset, I'll come clean and tell them I changed seats. Lucky lucky to those CF owners who have had success changing cloth to leather seats. I have to say that the leather seats have more lower back support (my original goal) than the cloth seats so I removed the lower back support. My wife removed the seat pad and lower back support, so if she is happy, so am I. Now for the airbag light reset. What a project.