View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 08:43 PM
funnybunchofitalians
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: BAS/ESP Light Troubles

Originally Posted by millerzrule22
Hey everyone, currently having some issues with the BAS/ESP light. So here is a little bit of back story so maybe someone can help me out.

The car sat for about 3 weeks and upon returning to the car I noticed the BAS/ESP light came on after I drove it for a few minutes. Ok, no big deal, Ill just turn the wheel lock to lock to reset it and all will be good. So I reset it and the light went off. At about this point I began to realize that the brake pedal didn't quite feel normal. It feels spongy or soft upon first pushing it down and it goes pretty much to the floor. However, the light went off and I figured it was just because the car had not been driven for a while. Well the car ended up getting parked for another 3 or 4 weeks and when I drove it for the first time today The BAS/ESP light came on again and the brake pedal still feels a bit odd. I tried doing the typical reset, and disconnecting the battery, all to no avail. I know there are a ton of posts out there about this issue but I wasn't able to find any where people were having issues with the brakes being spongy.

It would be greatly appreciated if I could get some help on this issue. Feel free to ask me any questions if need be.

This might sound crazy but make sure your stop light bulbs are tight. I had BAS/ESP light come on when one of the bulbs went out.