View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 03:07 PM
amx1397
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Re: Performance Differential Gearing

Originally Posted by amx1397
Note:::within a year I will have a rear in my car, around the 371 ratio if it can be driven on the street (some of you will understand that) it stays if not i will try another way.
well it has been a year now,, AND HERE IT IS

Wednesday 4-8-15 I put the 3.46 gear set into my crossfire, so far street driven only,and only one hard launch everything is good,
to do this test i had the spider gears welded,(spool) because ,the wave trac does not fit this rear differential .
one or the other( the welding or the 346) really made this work so good that it now snaps you back when you get on it.
I don;t know if it is the welded gears, or the 346 that has turned this car into a bad *** . I tried to take off from about 15 to 20mph roll with traction control off and the tired did not spin at all, there were two black strips ,for 1/2 block, but it was all go. I let off when i hit 3 gear.. I was on my way to the track tonight, after about 20 miles of turnpike left & right slight turns I checked the tires,,,they were HOT and almost worn out, they were worn down quite a bit before i started (that's why i checked them) the ware was down past the ware marks, i turned around and went home, these were the tires ,kumhos, some of us bought last year from a member,,very soft,,softer than drag radials, I got 3400 miles from them i though i would only get about 1000. In the next 2 weeks i will be going to the track for the real test.

this test is about the diff with different gears in it, I will let you know what is going on,,,THANKS RUDY,, AGAIN YOU DID IT. TCU AND GEARS WORK GREAT. jim