View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 10:28 PM
+fireamx
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Performance Differential Gearing

Originally Posted by amx1397
we are working on it
and there are two ways to do it, and if neither of them work out then you will see a 1968 ford 9:,31 spline and Detroit locker..

I am sure I could install Challenger rear,, axles,, and hubs with a few drilled 2" holes and a bracket or two. and some welding into a crossfire
we already put a Challenger 391 posi rear into a charger . The charger has the same rear set up as the crossfire, No the charger and crossfire do not interchange, even though they look they would, if you go to e bay and look at the Mercedes diff. a lot of them look like the crossfire diff. but when you have 10 to 15 of them laying on the ground and try to match one with the crossfire diff it just does not work. jim

Note:::within a year I will have a rear in my car, around the 371 ratio if it can be driven on the street (some of you will understand that) it stays if not i will try another way.

What can you say about a guy tackling a monumental task of doing something (that the factory should have done in the first place) and says "give me a year to get it done." Then BAM! One year later he's testing it! Outstanding!!!!
Great job Jim, Rudy, and everyone else involved.