Thread: Rim help
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 12:31 PM
rmcdaniel12
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Rim help

Originally Posted by gblack32
Its an srt not an slk lol but yea im gonna get some 10mm from rob. The clearance off of the bolt from the suspension was too close for comfort anyways. Now I have another question when I pulled it out of my garage this morning there was some rubbing. Im assuming it is the rear lugs on the parking brake but when you guys ground yours down how did you make sure the thread wasn't mangled so it could still feed back into the hole?
Use a cut off wheel and just make ur cut as straight as possible. It will mess with u visually into thinking u are cutting crooked cuz of the threads. In relation to the threads, if it looks like ur cutting crooked that means ur actually cutting straight lol. Cuttinf a straight edge will ensure that the lead off thread will find its way into the hole. I have 15mm spacers in the rear and purchase 55mm extended lugs to go with them. When i put my drag radials on with the early 90's mercedes rims, the lugs were hitting something in rotation. Ended up having to cut them down to 50mm in length. So yea it all depends on the offset of each wheel. It seems as though the rule of thumb (for srt6 oem wheels) that 10mm spacers require 50mm lugs, and 15mm spacers require 55mm lugs. But like i said different rims have different offsets so ur gonna have to do the math. Sorry if that was confusing.